Friends of the Town of Bedford Cemeteries
We are an organization with the mission to support the preservation and maintenance of the four historic cemeteries in The Town of Bedford, NH by promoting public awareness and by fund raising activities.
Historical cemeteries are open air museums that reflect a community and its heritage. Important for studying the past, they tell the story of a locale and its people, highlighting a community’s achievements and cultural values.
The four historical cemeteries in Bedford:
- Reflect our past and the people who built Bedford
- Reveal a strong community spirit and serve as a source of community pride
- Emphasize the beauty of Bedford with protected and serene open landscapes
- Preserve our cultural history with artifacts reflective of the times in which they were created
- Protect the memories of loved ones and offer a respectful and serene final resting place
We Need Your Help
Over time, gravestones show wear from environmental damage. Hard water, dirt, mold (lichen,) and human mishandling will contribute to the deterioration of stones. Careful maintenance, including proper cleaning and careful repair will aid gravestone longevity. Your recognition of the value of these cultural resources will help ensure that they are properly respected. Mindful care of the artifacts and the landscape will enable us to preserve the historical value of these unique objects.
How you can help.
- Visit your community’s cultural sites
- Do not rub or otherwise disturb stones
- Volunteer your time
-Join the Friends of Town of Bedford Cemeteries